I think that the most emotional, moving scene to me was at the beginning of the chappter:
I don't want Cato to kill Thresh at all. I don't want anyone else to die. But this is absoloutely not the kind of thing victors go around saying in the arena.Despite my best efforst, I can feel the tears starting to pool in my eyes. Peeta looks at me in concern. "What is it? Are you in a lot of pain?" I give him another answer, because it is equally true but can be taken as a brief moment of weakness instead of a terminal one. "I want to go home Peeta," I say plaintivey, like a small child. "You will. I promise," he says, and bends over to give me a kiss. "I want to go home now," I say. Tell you what. You go back to sleep and dream of home. And you'll be there for real before you know it," he says. "Okay?"
page 293-294.
I think this is the most emotional scene, because it shows he one time Katniss dares to let down her guard and let someone be close. At that moment, she did not even care about the Games, all she cared about was how it felt for her to know that she was not alone.
I think that the most emotional, moving scene to me was at the beginning of the chappter:
ReplyDeleteI don't want Cato to kill Thresh at all. I don't want anyone else to die. But this is absoloutely not the kind of thing victors go around saying in the arena.Despite my best efforst, I can feel the tears starting to pool in my eyes.
Peeta looks at me in concern. "What is it? Are you in a lot of pain?"
I give him another answer, because it is equally true but can be taken as a brief moment of weakness instead of a terminal one. "I want to go home Peeta," I say plaintivey, like a small child.
"You will. I promise," he says, and bends over to give me a kiss.
"I want to go home now," I say.
Tell you what. You go back to sleep and dream of home. And you'll be there for real before you know it," he says. "Okay?"
page 293-294.
I think this is the most emotional scene, because it shows he one time Katniss dares to let down her guard and let someone be close. At that moment, she did not even care about the Games, all she cared about was how it felt for her to know that she was not alone.